Overview - Chokhi Dhani Jaipur
A unique and traditional Rajasthani village, Chokhi Dhani Jaipur offers visitors a glimpse of the state's rich culture and heritage. Chokhi Dhani Jaipur is located just 20 km south of the city of Jaipur, which means a ‘special village’, offering a variety of activities and attractions. Visitors to the village can enjoy a wide variety of activities and attractions. It is a great place for fun for both kids and adults. In addition to camel rides and folk dance performances, Chokhi Dhani Jaipur offers delicious and authentic Rajasthani cuisine. Authentic cuisine is served here with fresh ingredients in an authentic manner, including dal bati churma, ghee-based sweets, and many others. Every visitor should try something at Chokhi Dhani at least once.
It was established in 1989, and since 1994 it has become a popular resort among local and international tourists, and also hosts colorful art and clothes, and mini-village fairs from time to time to draw a lot of tourists. In this village, you can get a feel for rural Rajasthan with ancient artifacts, handicrafts, paintings, folklore, and sculptures. A series of reconstructed village huts with cow dung plastering and decorative wall art make up this resort. As a reflection of indigenous Rajasthani traditions, the place is managed by Mr. Gul Vaswani and Director Mr. Subhash Vaswani is deeply inspired by Indo-Saracenic architecture.
Highlights of Chokhi Dhani Jaipur
Chokhi Dhani Jaipur is a top tourist spot in Rajasthan, India. Visiting this traditional village lets you time-travel to the past, and experience all that the region's cultural heritage has to offer. Moreover, all these experiences are at one of India's most beloved holiday spots.
- Ride on a camel - Camels are the best to admire the place due to their slow pace.
- The Haldighati Battle -The Haldighati Ka Yudh was a battle between the Mughal and Rajput dynasties fought in Rajasthan, with the Rajput dynasty triumphing. This play gives you the chance to relive the memories of the battle by enacting it and taking you on an emotional journey.
- Ride on an elephant - Elephant rides can provide proper relief and relaxation.
- Horse Riding - Horse riding is the best one to enjoy the place.
- Watch captivating puppet shows - Puppet shows are held in the evenings, just before the fair begins. The skilled puppeteers tell enthralling tales of Rajasthani princesses and kings.
- Folk dances - A traditional Rajasthani folk dance performance, especially one at Chokhi Dhani Jaipur, is worth watching. It is famous for the unique way in which pots are balanced on the heads while dancing.
- Henna painting on hands
- Kalbelia dance performances - The Kalbelia dances are known for their energetic and sensual style, and performers often wear brightly colored costumes and jewelry.
- Acrobatics - This is performed by both men and women, and is often done as a group performance.
- Magic shows - Magicians will amaze you with their spectacular tricks in this show, which combines Sleight of Hand, hypnotism, and nature-defying illusions.
- Bullock Ride - Bullock ride is the best way to take in the scenery.
- Tonga Ride - tonga ride is to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the place.
Apart from the above highlights in Chokhi Dhani Jaipur, Some other events happen here such as
- Kids games
In addition, a traditional Rajasthani village restaurant and a 5-star luxury hotel, Choki Dhani is both a village restaurant and a luxury hotel too. Visitors can choose from a variety of suit and cottage accommodation options.
- Executive Cottages,
- Standard Cottages,
- Royal Cottages and Suites,
- Haveli Suites,
- Family Royal Suites,
- Dhola Maru Suites
Entry Ticket Price of Chokhi Dhani Jaipur
|Types||Price for Adult||Price for Child|
|Traditional Rajasthani Thali||Rs. 900 INR||Rs. 550 INR|
|Royal Rajasthani Thali||Rs. 1100 INR||Rs. 350 INR|
|Choupal Multi Cuisine Buffet||Rs. 1500 INR||Rs. 700 INR|
Timing and Location of Chokhi Dhani Jaipur
|Everyday Monday - Sunday||5:00 PM — 11:00 PM|
|Location||Sukhdeopura Nohara,Tonk Road, Vatika, near Sitapura, Jaipur, Rajasthan 303905|
Attractions and Things to do at Chokhi Dhani Jaipur
With ancient decor, vintage furnishings, and colorful infrastructure, expect to be wowed by endless entertainment for family outings and short trips in Chokhi Dhani Jaipur. Folklore, dancing, tarot card readings, parrot predictions, rides, and puppet shows are just some of the things you can do. In Jaipur’s Chokhi Dhani, People can even stay at Royal Accommodations, where warm and friendly staff will be at your service. The executive venue and resort amenities will make your visit truly unforgettable at Chokhi Dhani Jaipur!
Among the major attractions in Jaipur, Chokhi Dhani consists of Rajasthani art and culture, local interactions, village lifestyles, and delicious cuisine. In addition to being a perfect mix of luxury and heritage, it also has a colorful aura around it. There are a number of activities that will keep your day exciting.
Experience the unique culture and tradition of Rajasthan In a mock village called Chokhi Dhani in Jaipur. Immerse yourself in the culture and tradition of Rajasthan when visiting Chokhi Dhani Jaipur.
Entertain yourself with activities such as Astrology, Magic Shows, Bird Fortune Teller, henna painting, and Puppet Shows.
The half-day tour at Jaipur Chokhi Dhani offers the best entertainment where you can enjoy live music and dance performances like Ghoomer, Potter Dance, Kalbeliya, the Snake Dances, Bhopa-Bhopi Dances, Terah Taali Manjira Dances and many more.
To complete the experience, savor an authentic Rajasthani dinner while indulging in fun activities like the elephant ride, camel ride, bullock ride, and Tonga ride.
Food at Chokhi Dhani Jaipur
In the village, there are numerous dining options, including high-class luxury establishments and simple shacks. The place serves authentic cuisine with fresh ingredients. Chokhi Dhani is renowned for its gastronomic offerings; savor scrumptious dishes such as Dal Bati Churma, dessert, and snacks that will tantalize your taste buds.
The food here is a combination of Rajasthani and North Indian cuisines. Dal Bati Churma, Gatte Ki Sabji, Bikaneri Bhujia, and many other Rajasthani dishes are available. As well as several North Indian dishes, such as Aloo Paratha, Butter Chicken, and Chicken Tikka Masala, you can also sample some delicious desserts like Jalebi, Gulab Jamun, and Rasmalai.
There are few well-known restaurants where one must try the local food in a different manner.
- Aragosta Restaurant: A multi-cuisine restaurant located in Chokhi Dhani, is the largest restaurant in the area, with a large building and elegant interiors.
- Bindola Restaurant: An intricately carved wooden ceiling, Rajasthani Mandana wall paintings, and roof lanterns decorate the interior of this round-shaped restaurant. In addition to various cuisines ranging from Indian to Continental, the entire ambiance is designed to create a folksy atmosphere.
- Kesar Kyari barbecue: Open in the evening, it offers vegetarian and non-vegetarian delicacies that are lip-smacking. A great place for private parties and villages because of its outdoor seating and view of nearby villages. This place is known for its commendable barbecue dishes.
- Gorbandh: Gorbandh is well known for its Rajasthani snacks and delicacies, which can be enjoyed in the open air.
- Sangri Dining Hall: Sangri Dining Hall serves authentic Rajasthani food on relishing leaf platters.
How to Reach Chokhi Dhani Jaipur
Reach the destination on the outskirts of the city by any mode of transport (airways, roadways, and railways). Another way is by taking a taxi or auto-rickshaw from anywhere in Jaipur.
- By Bus - Any kind of public transportation in 30 minutes by covering a distance of 20 km by taking a bus to Jaipur Bus Stand at Jawahar Lal Nagar Marg.
- By Train - It will take 24 minutes to cover the destination about a distance of 22.4 km From Jaipur Central Railway Station.
- By CAB -Taking a cab or private vehicle will take 23 minutes to cover the distance of 11.7 km from Jaipur International Airport.
A city or private cab charges around INR 1,500 for a trip to and from Pink City, Jaipur. Four Wheel Drive India offers taxis with drivers, which charge INR 1,200 for a sedan round trip and INR 2,000 for an SUV round trip.
Need Cab with Driver - Sedan/SUV/Innova Crysta
Best Time to Visit Chokhi Dhani Jaipur
- Chokhi Dhani is best visited between October and March when Jaipur has pleasant weather.
Chokhi Dhani Jaipur Ticket: What You Need to Know
- ID proof is required at both times of booking and arrival ( PAN cards are not accepted as an address verification).
- Foreigners should bring their passport and visa details at the time of booking, then again on arrival.
- It is essential to coordinate with the operator in advance.
- Children who are taller than 3.5 feet are considered adults.
- Sharp objects, lighters, luggage bags, alcohol, knives, etc., are not allowed.
- An additional fee for any damage or breakage incurred.
- Any personal expenditures or items that do not feature in the package are excluded.
- It is imperative to follow guidelines issued by the State-Government(Maintain social distancing, Hand sanitization, and masks).
- Outside food is not allowed.
- Wear something you feel comfortable in.
Attractions Nearby Chokhi Dhani Jaipur
Places nearby Jaipur Chokhi Dhani are all worth a visit.
- The Gyan Museum,
- Jawahar Circle Garden,
- Patrika Gate,
- Jain Mandir Sanganer,
- Surya Mandir,
- Jeypore Art & Craft,
- Kalagram Chokhi Dhani,
- Tattva Spa